Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 1

Here are some pics from little Kari Rebecca's first week at home:

With Big Brother, Christian

Uncle Kyle meets baby Kari and Christian cashes in on storytime too.



Asleep in Auntie Erin's arms.

Just after her first bath.

So, it's now been a week since Kari came home! She has actually been a very good little girl who sleeps a lot and only really fusses when she's hungry, fills her pants, or has to burp (pretty typical!). The first two nights were horrible, but after that, the nights have improved--she nurses every 2-3 hours but has done a couple 4 hr stretches before...too bad they've been in the daytime! I'm really hoping she continues to be "easy going" as I start into my first real week w/out my mom around! (Cubby had to go back to work mid-week last week but will take a couple mornings off this week as well...the mornings are the hardest for me!)

Emily and Christian have adjusted pretty well. The weather has been really crummy (the sun came through today for about an hour for the first time in over a week!)....and now it's snowing...again. I'm a little worried that Christian is going to go stir-crazy having to stay inside and not be able to go out like we have been, but if we can just make it through the next couple of weeks, Kari will be bigger and we'll be able to do more normal things again.

So, all-in-all, we're surviving! Again, we'll see how things go without Mom around..honestly, there's just something about the peace of mind she brings to me! That, and my house has never looked better than just after having a baby! Thanks, Mom, for all that you've done this last week! I love you!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Oh she is just beautiful! Good luck surviving without your mom. That's always a hard adjustment after a baby!

whitney allison said...

I cried when my mom left and I only have one!!! But the good news is, the anticipation was a lot worse than it all turned out. She's a sweetie.

Cammy Aller said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations to your family. I love the name Kari! By the way you look so cute in the last belly picture you took. You where just all belly for sure! So happy for you and please take it easy! Cammy

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

They always say that the third child is the best baby, that is how it has been for us too, Congrats she is a doll!!

Candis said...

oh she's so pretty!!!! good luck this week. winter babies are hard because you are stuck in side for a while. thank goodness for movies and TV!!!

Camie said...

Moms definitely make a huge difference when a new baby enters the picture, I;m glad things are going good. Kari is darling!

Albanie said...

Congrats! She looks like a Lindseth for sure! Glad that everyone is enjoying her!