Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year's Tradition in the Making, and a New Resolution

It seems that we are making a new New Year's tradition in going to Boingz! It was one of the first family outings we did in 2009 and, we managed to make our way over there this year too! I'm now too big to fit into the little openings so I couldn't participate in the jumping (not that ANYTHING I'm doing right now is putting me into labor...grrr....) but the kids and Cubby had fun. It's cute to compare how much they've grown in just a year too!
WARNING: If you read on, you'll encounter my own personal whinings and reflections. Only those who know me, and like me anyways, need read on :-). Here goes....
As noted above, I'm still pregnant. Now, with both Emily and Christian, I've had to be induced at 41 weeks...not being induced earlier by my choice. I'm officially at 39 weeks and was just told today that the baby, although head down, is still very high and, "could I hold out for one more week to see if there are any changes??" Holding back tears, I agreed. I've reached my "end" and am at the point where I'd rather have a newborn than be pregnant. (And, for me, I definitely have to get to that point. The newborn stage is just such a tough adjustment for me.)
Why am I so whiny and desperate to be done with one week to go still?? Well, for starters, I had Christian, at 41 weeks, 10 lbs ago. I've decided that the extra weight (like I gained with Emily) is either a girl-thing that happens when I have a girl, or, a winter thing, packing it on for "extra" insulation. A very cruel trick, indeed. Also, I have a really bad cold right now. Instead of getting better, it's getting worse. Ick. Maybe by next week it'll be better and so things will feel better. And finally, I am having some major muscle aches and pains that I haven't had in previous pregnancies and so that's probably the difference as well. (The snow and sub-zero temps aren't helping either).
Either way, I had to complain a bit (well, a lot) just to get it out and not loose my mind. I'm now making a short-term resolution to remind myself that maybe I'll actually go into labor on my own this time. AND, there are so many women out there who would give anything to be 39 weeks pregnant, fat, sick, and miserable! Finally, the biggest thing for me to keep in mind, is that no matter what, when this is over, I'll get to hold a new little person who, although will come with her own challenges and tough times, will be another child of our Heavenly Father's, sent here to enrich and bless our lives. These are my new resolutions.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Oh hang in there Kathleen! One day at a time. Give yourself time to get over your cold...I had a cold when Liam was born and ended up giving it to him and he got super sick. So get better first. Then have the baby. :)

Amber M. said...

Oh Kathleen, I'm thinking of you and sending thoughts your way! This last part is miserable for everyone, and I thought the 3rd was especially difficult. So hang in there!! Know that you (and baby Kari) are loved!!!

Walker said...

Oh Kathleen - you know that I feel for you and really understand. It is true when you get to the end when you wish for the newborn and the pregnancy to be over. I look at Elijah right now and think I am so glad he is here and I am not pregnant anymore, but I know you can do it! You are a strong woman and get better before this baby comes. I'm thinking of you - call if you need something.