Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to Syracuse!


Happy New Year! These last couple of weeks, Nebraska has gotten quite a bit of snow. Apparently, this is what Syracuse, New York, looks like ALL WINTER LONG. (And the winters are rather long up there!) Cubby says that he would shovel out the driveway after school everyday and they'd get fresh snow dumped on them all of the time. He is used to all of this and manages very well.

Now, here in Eastern Nebraska, we have winter. Sometimes there is snow, and it is cold. And, don't get me wrong, I like snow--it's really beautiful. Skiing is my most favorite thing to do in the whole world. But, I do hope we will soon be out of the single digits temperature-wise. It's just too cold. (Plus, the heater on our van is only working intermitetly; not exactly the way I need it to work while trying to navigate through the winter wonderland with 2 small children and soon-to-be baby!)

But, enough whining. Here are a couple of shots that I took of Cubby and the kids last week...before we dropped to sub-zero temps. As long as we can get some more sunny, above 20 degrees days, I say let it snow! Otherwise, can spring come early....please??

No comments: