Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter was really nice. I enjoy it b/c it's not as hyped-up by the media as Christmas tends to become. The focus is still on the Savior and His resurrection. The rebirth of all things as a part of spring also make it special. We do enjoy having the Easter Bunny come and visit, but we keep it pretty simple. Emily and Christian enjoyed hunting for their eggs--Christian LOVED all of the candy and chocolate. He amazed us all with his new talent: stuffing an entire Cadbury egg into his mouth at once!




We got all dressed up for church--aren't the kiddos cute? I'm pretty proud of Emily's hair, myself! Christian was pleased that his hair is now long enough to do his "spikes."








We drove out to my grandma's house for Easter dinner. As usual, it was delicious and we all had a nice time visiting and watching some old home movies of my mom when she was little! Kari spent her afternoon smiling at her daddy and everyone enjoyed her cuteness!
Auntie Erin and her boyfriend, Jeff, were FANTASTIC in that they played with the kids and took them on a nature and exploration hike at my grandma's house. Emily and Christian were in seventh heaven! Thanks, guys!
We hope you and your families all had a Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Cara said...

Emily's hair looks so beautiful! Glad you had a good Easter. :)

whitney allison said...

Sounds like a fabulous Easter day. We didn't exactly get dressed for church since it was in our basement but ya know, you guys look great. Love Emily's hair flowers.

mizkylie said...

I LOVE Easter!! Especially since I was able to attend General Conference this year! It was such an amazing experience and I cannot describe how powerful it was to have 21,000 faithful LDS members all in the same place and singing praises to God. SO UNFORGETTABLE!! :)

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

I can't believe how big Christian is getting, I Love his spikes and sweater vest, to bad his dad doesn't have one to match