Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Birth-daying it up...

Well, folks, it's that time of year again...my birthday!  Unlike many, I actually enjoy celebrating my birthday.  It means I've been blessed with one more year of life--and a wonderful life it is.  My sweet family all made me feel extra special.  We had cake, opened presents, and, well, that's what we did.  (That's what you're supposed to do on bdays anyways, right?!)

One of my favorite things was opening the cards that the kids had made me.  Each one had worked very hard, making their own drawings, and were so proud of their handiwork.  Christian had drawn a picture of he and I shoveling (b/c the last time it snowed, he and I shoveled together--such a good worker!).  Emily's had a St. Patrick's Day theme and had a very cute poem inside.  Kari's had lots' of penguin stickers on it and she had scribbled her favorite colors too :-).
 I got some lovely gifts...


Below is Emily modeling my new sun hat and scarf...can't wait for the warmer weather so I can wear them!
 My new kicks!
 And a darling little Scandinavian puzzlebox from Cubby.  Love it!

Great-gma was the hit of the night when she brought a hopping bunny that sings "Here comes Peter Cottontail."  Juliana LOVES it and tries to hop with it.  Sooo cute!

My brother and sister, Mom and Harvey, and Gma Carolyn all stayed and had cake and helped me welcome my 33rd year of life!  It was a fun night and I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.

2 comments:

Lori said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday!! You deserve it!!

Josh and Jen said...

happy birthday!! looks like a lot of love and great gifts showered on you. i am glad you enjoy your special day.