Saturday, February 6, 2016

The One Friend

Do you have that one friend, who just gets you?  And it doesn't matter how long it's been in between visits or conversations, but you just pick right back up where you left off?  Well, I'm lucky enough to have one of those.

My friend Michelle and I have known one another since my family moved to Papillion when I was 11 yrs old.  She was my first friend when I started sixth grade in a new school and we have been "together" ever since!

Michelle is just a beautiful soul, inside and out.  Growing up, she was always kind to everyone around her.  She had her own sense of style and didn't care if it followed current trends or was completely crazy (her shoe collection was unreal)!

Michelle is also a beautiful dancer!  She is strong and graceful.  Dance is her passion and she is amazing at it!

But what makes her such a wonderful friend is her loyalty and thoughtfulness.  When tough times have come my way, she's always been my friend.  Thick and thin.  And, every year she remembers the anniversary of my Dad's passing and sends an email, text, or calls.  For over 20 years.  Yup.  I know.  You're all jealous.  And you should be.  My Michelle is one of a kind!

Oh, and as a funny side story...
"Spaceballs" is Michelle's favorite movie.  So, when Cubby and I were watching it one night (after not having watched it for years), I texted Michelle the picture below:
 Not even five minutes later, she texts me back the following picture:
Oh yes.  We were watching the same movie at the same time.  
(And she said she hadn't seen it in eons either!)  How do you like them apples?!

No comments: