Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunflowers and the OCM

This year we decided to plant mammoth sunflowers and morning glories between them. They turned out so cool! The morning glories wound their way up the sunflowers--which have grown to 14 ft high! Here is a picture of them! (I took the picture in the evening, so the morning glories aren't open. However, you can see their vines!)
Also, last week my mom took us to the Children's Museum. We hadn't been there for a very long time--mostly because I don't like to give in to extortion ($7 for anyone over 2? Plus, another $4/person to go upstairs to the Sesame Street exibit? Even for adults? Seriously, are the adults really having that much fun??). But, the weather was icky and so we went downtown. The kids had a really great time--dressing up, painting faces, playing house, and exploring the ball room. (We did not fork over the extra dough to go upstairs.) It was a nice morning overall though! Here are pics from the day!




4 comments:

Ware Family said...

Kathleen you crack me up!
No doubt the adults aren't having THAT much fun!

Cara said...

Wow! Those sunflowers are huge! I bet the kids just love it!

I didn't realize about the pricing of the Children's Museum. We obviously haven't been in a while. I did look like fun though. :)

Diana said...

Wish I could have joined you--high prices or not! Hope you had fun nonetheless. Miss you!

Camie said...

ohy sometiems its so worth it though...looks like fun!