Saturday, August 1, 2009

T-Ball and a No.2 Success Story!

This summer Emily and I have spent 3 innings each Saturday playing T-ball! ("Mighty Sluggers'" games are only 3 innings long.) Emily is a good little ball player--she was the only girl on her team! I was the coach and even though it took a lot of energy (I have a new respect for all coaches, whether you coach 4 yr olds or 14 yr olds--it's tough!), it was great to see all of the children have such fun! Here are some highlights from our last game today!


My "Mighty Slugger"!



Up to bat! (If you look closely, you can see our cheering section in the background!)



Doing some warm ups with the team!



In other big news, Christian did his first poo-poos on the potty today! Cubby noticed that Christian had "That Look" about him this morning and asked if he wanted to go on the potty. Christian said yes and then proceeded to do a No. 2! It was very exciting! (He wasn't consistent though, as he ended up having a dirty diaper 2 hrs later, but...it's a start!) We are all so proud of him! Yeah, Christian!!!

6 comments:

Cara said...

Okay, I *love* Christian's face in that last picture! He's so proud! How fun that you got to coach Emily's team! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Lacey said...

Hey, a start is a start. I keep thinking that I will try to start Maddie here soon. I think she is ready.

Rebecca said...

Good for all of you!!!Cubby can be the potty coach!

Camie said...

WOW Kathleen I dind't know you coached it. You are amazing. And kudos to Christian its always a glorious moment when they have their first successful #2 trip to the potty.

Walker said...

Great job being the coach, you are definitely a good mom! It does take a lot of work being a coach! I, too, love the potty picture!

The Brough Family said...

YEAH for you guys on both things. We loved T-ball with Ashley and totally appreciated her coaches. Good luck with the potty stuff, that's always the hardest part for my kids!!