Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cubby's Trip to NYC

Cubby's new job requires a bit of travel. Not too much, just once a month or so he'll be gone for 1-3 days. Like I said, not much. This past month he had to go meet with clients in New York City. I thought a 3 day trip to New York would be awesome. ALONE in NEW YORK?? The shopping possibilities....But, alas, Cubby is a guy. When I asked him what he was going to do in the evenings, he said, "Well, the Knicks aren't playing at Madison Square Garden while I'm there and the Big East tournament was here last week, so, I'll probably just watch the games from my hotel room." Which, he did. (Cubby is not what you would call a "Broadway Baby." And, honestly, I'm not much of one either so I don't blame him!)


However, he did get out a bit and see a few things. Here's the pictures he brought home:

Lego Land


NBC Studios (he didn't go over and say "hello" to Matt Lauer or Al Roker)


Cubby's dinner...both nights he was there. Two pieces of pizza and a soda, x2 nights: $6.75. Cubby insists this was the BEST pizza he's ever had.


Rockefeller Center


In Grand Central Station, they had this display of the "Titana Boa"--this 40 ft long snake fossil scientists have recently discovered. This was the molding of what they think the snake looked like.


And, finally, the LDS temple in NYC. Cubby didn't bring his temple bag along, but he was allowed to go in to the church part of it (b/c in this temple a regular chapel is on another floor of the building). So, he went in there and looked around.


So, this was basically the non-business part of his trip. I was happy to hear that he would have had more fun had I been able to come along :-). (But, that goes without saying, right?!)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Fun trip....For a guy :) My guy would have done the same!