Friday, April 27, 2012

Preschool Zoo Trip


 Last week I went with Christian and his preschool class on a field trip to the zoo!  It was a GORGEOUS day.  Kari came along too and we had a fun time seeing the big cats, orangutans, the newly renovated aquarium and the jungle.  The kids all did very well--and they have a fantastic teacher, Mr. Joey.  Christian really likes Mr. Joey and the rest of the kids seem to as well.  If a couple of the kids were starting to run off, he didn't have to yell or even speak sharply.  He'd just firmly call them back and they listened!  Amazing feat to accomplish with 10 active four and five year olds!

It was a short trip (as preschool only lasts from 9-11:30),  but by the time it was time to head back at 11:00, both Kari and Christian were tired out and ready for a rest!  (I even think that was the day Kari took an almost 4 hr nap!)

Again, it was great to be able to spend a little extra time with my big boy!  I had been hopeful that walking around the zoo would jump start my labor, but hey, if Zumba doesn't do it, I wasn't terribly surprised that it didn't :-).

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the picture of them at the end...so sweet!!