Sunday, February 17, 2008

Notes on Christian


On another note, Christian has started taking steps! Yes, he just started crawling last Sunday, but is already wanting to WALK! Albeit, they're wobbly first steps, but he's taking them. He'll be 9 months on the 29th! I think it'll still be one or two more before he's independent, but you never know. He also loves to babble and says "Ma Ma Ma" and makes squeaky dinosaur noises. Christian has also recently discovered books, especially the touch and feel books. He gets very engrossed in them--it's so cute!

He'll also be getting tubes put in his ears on Tuesday morning. We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am! I know that it'll all be fine, but I still worry about the whole anestesia thing. I'm hoping that the tubes will help him to sleep better and that his ear infections will stop. They helped Emily. It definitely showed me that it doesn't matter if your baby was bottle or breast-fed, if their ear canals are shaped a certain way, they'll get ear infections. (It does help relieve some of the guilt from Emily being bottle-fed though.)

4 comments:

krisinfrance said...

first, bravo on the blog, Kathleen! best wishes for the tubes; Ingrid had her share of all that stuff, ear infections, etc; good to do it earlier than later. Had a nice chat with my little sis the other day, the old fashioned way: by telephone!
love,auntie kris
ps. the skiing is great over here!

The Brough Family said...

I didn't know you were doing the tube thing. Do you need anything? Good luck! Can't believe he's trying to walk. He's adorable!

Camie said...

Oh the tubes!! I have two sisters that have had tubes in and out of their kids ears. I have one nephew that has had three sets of tubes (not saying that to scare you off..sorry). I am sure he will be a trooper. GOod luck!

Walker said...

I hope all went well with the tubes. Xavier has definitely missed his friend Emily a lot. He told me today, when will my friend Emily come over, mom? I said one more day, he said good, because I miss her. Call me if you need anything.