Saturday, February 23, 2008

Today Was A Good Day...




I really like Saturdays. Cubby is home and if we all get up and going early enough, we get lots' done! Granted, the kids are always up bright and early (don't they know it's Saturday?) but sometimes it takes a bit to get going.


In any case, this morning we had the Conover boys over to play, I got one bathroom cleaned, and Christian took a great nap (an hour and 45 min!--a new record!) Then, after lunch I took the kids up to the Church where Cubby was playing basketball. He played better this week now that his cold is gone and they ended up winning pretty big. Go team!


After naps we took the kids to the zoo! Nice weather just opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, doesn't it? (The Jungle was nice and steamy...see above picture...it was almost like we'd moved to South America!) We had a good time there and after dinner, Cubby made a Target run and picked up a punching bag (the blow up kind) for the kids--they loved it! Then, to top it off, "Dumb and Dumber" is on TV. I'd almost forgotten how darn funny that movie is. So, even though I didn't get the other bathroom cleaned (yet) and the garage really could've been swept out and poor Peanut didn't get a walk (although he did play at Lucy's, as usual), I still count today as a winner!

4 comments:

Camie said...

What a great day all the way around. I have to say dumb and dumber has got to be one of my all time fav's! I seriously can quote the whole movie. Glad you were able to make it out to the zoo...the weather does open all sorts of possiblities!!

Walker said...

I love Saturday's too! So glad that you guys had a fun day and got to spend some time together. The zoo is one of our move favorite places.

Walker said...

Correction: One of our MOST favorite places.

Albanie said...

I always look forward to Saturdays too. Mostly just because Chris is around and we usually do something fun together. Glad you had a winner!