Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Turkey Toes


No, this picture has not been altered. Emily is really eating turkey with her toes--YUCK! Obviously, her father had everything to do with this and thought it was just hilarious! He told her she was Curious George and to eat like he does. I'm so glad that he finds the humor in everyday life as sometimes I need a fresh dose of it.


On another note, in my quest for fitness, I'm trying to find the best time and method to do it. I went to another spin class tonight and although I enjoyed it, and my legs are tired, I'm not sure that it gives me the same workout as a good run. I definitely don't get as sweaty or as much of a cardio, but I can still feel different muscles working. So, I'll keep it up as a good cross-training workout, but I think I'll try and get my bum out of bed in the morning and run then. (Christian has slept all night the last two nights and so I haven't been a zombie the last two mornings...it gives me hope for a morning workout!) That way, I don't have to leave poor Cubby with the kids in the evening so I can exercise. Anyhow, if anyone has found a good routine that works for them, I'd love the input!

4 comments:

Albanie said...

Okay...I'm sorry, but I was pretty grossed out too with the toes and turkey. About workout routines, I didn't think walking would do anything, but I went walking at walnut creek every morning pushing the kids in the stroller (when it was warm, of course) and lost all the baby fat and more. I've always heard walking was the best thing for women..., but the secret is to have a workout buddy!

Ware Family said...

this is hilarious. Jackson loves Curious George too, hopefully he'll never think of this.

amibelle said...

Haha, Emily is such a funny girl. I love you blog. Did you get a chance to make those yummy cookies yet?

Kathleen said...

Yeah, sorry for grossing everyone out with the whole eating with the toes--Cubby just couldn't believe she actually did it and egged her on the whole time! Thankfully, she bathes every night and so they were fairly clean :-).