Friday, February 15, 2008

Some TV can make you smarter - an "Emily-ism"


We were driving in our car the other day and listening to the radio when Emily says to me, "Mommy, I hear a clarinet!" (And it was a clarinet!) Surprised, I asked her how she knew that. She said, "Little Einsteins, Mommy!" So, I guess I don't feel so guilty about letting her watch that in the morning--she's actually picking good things up!


Another "Emily-ism" story: We finally ordered a new darkening shade for Christian's room. It's sitting in our bedroom, awaiting installation. The other day, Emily picks it up and hoists it on her shoulder. With toy tools in hand, she announces, "Let's get to work, Mommy!" It was so darn cute! Having a creative little girl definitely keeps life fun!

5 comments:

Camie said...

Don't you love how kids KNOW so much! Everything is so simple to them. I am sure emily keeps you smiling.

The Brough Family said...

We love little Einsteins... a break without guilt! Emily is always good for a laugh. Did she get the shade hung?!?

Maylene said...

I am so excited that you have a blog now! Sounds like you are super busy with your kids. They are pretty cute. I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who's kids think night time is just a time to nap, not sleep!

Amber M. said...

So glad you stopped by my blog! We do need to get the boys together soon. So funny...my kids call all the beautiful classical music they hear "Little Einstein music!"

Albanie said...

glad you blog! I can't believe how much hair emily has now! Those little sayings are priceless. I love them. Good thing we have this to write it all down.