Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Fun


Well, this is a bit late, since the little party was last week, but since today is Valentine's Day, and I didn't take any pictures today (Cubby and I got to go on a "romantic" outing to the dentist today!) I wanted to write about our family fun night out. As you can see from above, the kids had a great time learning the lefts and rights in the Hokey Pokey, and Cubby got a mouth (and nose) full of pie in the pie-eating contest! It was so fun to see everyone get into it--grown ups, kids, even the Sister Missionaries! Hi-larious.
In any case, last night was great! I got six (yes, count them, SIX) solid hours of sleep before Christian woke me up. (And he only woke up once last night!!!) AND, to top that stroke of good luck off, Emily didn't wake up at ALL and so Cubby got a good night's sleep too. Wow, needless to say that EVERYONE felt so good this morning. Thursdays are usually my toughest days (no idea why, but they never seem to run very smoothly), but today was great! I guess Heavenly Father knew it was Valentine's Day too and wanted to show us that he loves us! A cheesy thought, but, nonetheless, hurray! He knows that what I wanted most was some sleep :-). (What I want second most are clean bathrooms that I didn't have to clean--that will be Cubby's gift to me! Yeah!) I'm sure everyone else went out for a night on the town, but unromantic and practical me, I just want clean bathrooms.

3 comments:

Lizabeth said...

Cheesy is good. Glad to hear about the kids - they are both just adorable. Let's get some good runs in this Spring, okay?

Ware Family said...

clean bathrooms says love to me, too.

Walker said...

That was such a fun party!! I am so glad you guys came. The kiddos had so much fun.

I will be home on Monday and I am feeling much better, thanks.