Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tired, but Happy Kiddos






Well, Christian made it through his surgery! It was so quick. The recovery period was a bit rough--he was very crabby. However, once the Tylenol kicked in and he was able to nurse and then drink some water, he fell back to sleep and had a great nap! When he woke up, he was a very happy little guy! Hurray! I'm so relieved that things went smoothly.


Emily also had a big day. Daddy took the day off and was able to take her to gymnastics and then after naptime they went swimming for almost 2 hrs! After swimming they met Christian and me over at my Mom's house for Erin's birthday. Emily just loves Grandma's house and needless to say, she was exhausted when we got home! Let's all cross our fingers for a solid night's sleep!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great idea this blog thing.
I'm so glad his surgery was successful, so far anyways. Surgery, Very scary. I'm glad you survived as well.

Amber M. said...

So glad that the tubes went well...such a stressful thing to have ANY kind of procedure done on your baby! Hopefully, it will help his little ears.

Camie said...

Yay for a successful surgery. I am glad he responded so good to it. Sounds like it was a day packed with fun for emily. I love it when they exhaust themselves.

Lacey said...

So glad that everything went well. When Kenzie got tubes she had a similar reaction. After a couple of days she didn't even act like they bothered her. Hurray for tubes!

The Brough Family said...

glad it went well. They are so cute when they're sleeping aren't they! I hope the tubes help him sleep better.

Albanie said...

Didn't even know he was having surgery! I guess if I read your blog more often, i'd know. : ) Anyway, I hope he sleeps better and becomes a good little walker soon. I'm waiting for the day Avery walks. It's gotta be soon...