Thursday, August 21, 2008

Daddy's Day Off

A couple of weeks ago, I asked Cubby to take a day off so that we could have a day of family fun and do some things around town that I normally can't take the kids by myself. So, yesterday was that day!



In the morning, we stuck around Papillion and went over to the duck pond and surrounding playgrounds at Halleck Park. Well, there was only one duck to feed, but we made her feel extra special and gave her lots' of bread to eat. The morning was beautiful and we had fun just doing the "park thing."

Christian, taking a break and eating...of course!

After naps, we headed out to Mahoney State Park to try out their pools and water park area. Cubby and I thought the water park area and wave pool were great...the kids, however, preferred the regular pool due to the huge amounts of water getting dumped and sprayed everywhere at the park (like one would expect to find at a water park, right?) Well, Emily and Cubby ended up having a good time swimming and Christian and I had fun finding rocks for his little bucket outside of the water.

The highlight of the day, however, came while we were driving home from the pool. I put on the kids' favorite tape of songs (one that I had liked growing up too). When Christian's favorite song came on, I got out the camera, knowing how cute he is while the song is on. Emily though, ended up stealing the show with her stellar preformance. She starts out all sweet and nice and then, decides to rock out half way through. I could hardly keep the camera from shaking b/c I was laughing so hard. To get the full effect of why I thought this was so funny, you have to listen to the words of the song that she's singing. Once she realized how she was singing was funny, she kicked even kicked it up a notch. It was hi-larious. Should we sign her up for American Idol?




All-in-all, it was a fantastic day and I wish Cubby could take a day off more often!

6 comments:

Cara said...

Loved the video! That was my favorite song as a kid too. :) One of the greats! Glad you guys got a fun day together.

Camie said...

I love daddy days off!

whitney allison said...

Emily sure is a rocker. And Uncle Shawn said that she looks really big.

The Brough Family said...

What a fun day... hooray for dads! Love the video too!

Maren said...

Emily ROCKS! I was moshing to her performance.
I wasn't really moshing, but I did think that was so so funny!

If she does American Idol I'll vote for her.

Ware Family said...

The water park looks fun. I always seem to have more fun than my kids (at least Jackson) at the pool too.