Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our First Soccer Game

This past Saturday was Emily's first soccer game! She had previously met her coaches (and thinks they're great: "Don't forget about me, Coach John!") and teammates at practice and learned the very basics of the game. Her team is called the Giraffes. We were all very excited for how this first game would go. Saturday dawned and we were up and running! Emily posed for a quick picture (notice the "light blue" ball-her favorite color) before her big debut and then it was off to the fields.

Coach John began the team huddle by telling the children to raise their hand if they're a "Giraffe" and then said, "they're on your team" (so simple, but very crucial to the game). Emily enjoyed playing in the first half, but during the second half she ran over and hold her coach, "I want to watch now, someone else can play!"


Amidst all of this, Christian wanted to get out there and play! After Emily "showed" him what to do, we went and kicked the ball around so that he wouldn't run out onto the field during the game. He's a true sports fan, through and through.


We loved watching all of the kids run in-mass and try and kick the ball into whichever goal was closest. It was a fun intro to the world of organized sports for 3 and 4 year-olds!

14 comments:

Cara said...

Ha ha! She's adorable!

Maylene said...

Yea! Of course I am very partial to soccer...and I just love watching little kids learn how to play. She looks so cute in her soccer stuff!

Albanie said...

What a nice Saturday for a game! I bet it was so fun to watch them both get into the game!

Diana said...

How exciting! You are sure to have many fun memories this season.

Amber M. said...

Go Emily!

The Brough Family said...

She looks like a star in the making. Glad she enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll see you out there sometime.

Ware Family said...

she's just so cute, I bet it's so fun to watch.
I can't believe our kids are old enough for this kind of thing already!!

Jenn said...

What an exciting day! Glad she is having a blast.

whitney allison said...

So funny, I love the uniform. Are shin guards really necessary? How hard can those kids kick?

Camie said...

I can't wait tell we sign Drew up for soccer. We opted for dance this year.

Ladybug143 said...

Looks like lots of fun. She looks so cute in her soccor outfit!

Rachel said...

She looks so cute in her uniform and I bet you love watching her play. Little kids are so funny when they try new sports.

Cammy Aller said...

How fun, and it looks like Cubby day off was a great idea to spend time with family. Let Emily know I said "Good Job"

Maren said...

There are two things I don't want my kids involved in: Drugs and Soccer.

Just kidding. I think I want to get Gwen signed up for soccer next year. Although I should have signed her up this year because she's really tall for her age, she could really dominate.