Friday, April 18, 2008

A Creative Morning!

Emily and I had a fun morning together. Now that Christian naps on schedule, we don't get to playgroup on Fridays as much as I'd like, but having to stay at home does give Emily and I a chance to have some much-needed "Mommy and me" time.

First, this morning we got out the marshmallows and toothpicks. We made some of her favorite aquatic creatures--a shark, two rays, a hermit crab, a jelly fish (and the "Weird Spider" from Toy Story). The rays, crab, and such turned out decent, but the shark looks like something George Lucas may have created...but then scrapped. Emily thought it was great though so I guess that's all that counts. She also loves the camera and hence, the picture of me with our creations...she's actually a decent photographer for being three!

After that, Emily wanted to pretend she was "Handy Manny" (from the Disney channel). She got her tools out and then asked me what I needed "fixed." I looked around the kitchen and saw thatthe color sorter I'd made needed to get glued. (Christian had discovered how I'd previously attached the felt with velcro and had started tearing them off and eating them.) I got out the glue and showed her what to do and voila!

4 comments:

Amber M. said...

What a fun mommy you are! I love the color sorter idea...may have to swap that one.

Ladybug143 said...

Looks like you have so much fun together!

Tonia said...

I like the color sorter idea too! it is a darling idea!

Diana said...

I am impressed by all of the fun things you are always doing as a mother. You're awesome!