Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cubby's Birthday Bash!



Cubby celebrated his 29th birthday on Friday! We had a fun day filled with his favorite things (and food, of course!)

Cubby worked a shorter day (10-2) and so he was able to sleep in a bit and play with the kids before heading out; I made his favorite breakfast of french toast and bacon and Emily was the first to wish Daddy a happy birthday by singing him a birthday song. Christian clapped along and was happy to have Daddy home so much in the morning! After Daddy left for work and while Christian napped, Emily and I decorated our dining area in birthday attire.

After Cubby came home, we played downstairs (it was very chilly outside!) and then Grandma Karen, Grandpa Harvey, Uncle Kyle and his girlfriend, Teela, came over for some serious partying...well, a BBQ, cake and presents kind of party :-). We BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs and we even had french fries in honor of the birthday boy. Emily made everyone wear birthday hats and she even tried (and liked) hamburgers! Christian, we discovered, loves french fries (no surprise there!!). After dinner, we opened presents, Cubby blew out his candles, and we ate some delicious cake that my mom had made.

It was a fun day all around and I'm so grateful to have such a terrific husband. He is a loving father who puts his family first and always tries to make us happy. I'm so lucky to have known Cubby these last 7 years! (We'll have been married six of them next weekend!) Happy Birthday, Honey!

7 comments:

Diana said...

I wish I could have been there for the party!

And I just have to tell you, Kathleen: I love ya tons!

Kathleen said...

well, considering i only got like 4 hours of sleep the night before, and I got up at 7 to get Emily situated with her cartoons and water, I guess I "slept in" a little bit. -cubby

Albanie said...

happy b-day cubby! Looks like you got some great gifts!

Tonia said...

Hope you had a great one!

Albanie said...

just to answer your question about our visit- we'll be there probably around june 10th-july 10th. That's a guess so maybe not the exact dates, but for a month! Can't wait!

Walker said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday to Cubby!

Camie said...

What a big event...it does sound like fun. Looks like he had a great b-day!