Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Super-Mom's Sidekick


This is Emily's new schedule. Really, her routine is the same and so it's not that different from her "old" schedule, it's just now on display. However, I wanted to blog about it just in case there is anyone else out there who thinks it's a cool idea and wants to try it with their child. Each morning at breakfast, we put together her schedule--it's a lot of fun for her to see what day of the week it is and where her day is going. She likes to be the one who attaches everything to the sheet :-).

I must confess though; this was not my creative genius at work. Rather, it was the lack of it! My friend, Liz, had put this together for her daughter and she was kind enough to email it to me and I only adapted it for Emily. Liz is Super-Mom. Can I be her trusty sidekick? What would my sidekick name be?

8 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Believe me you don't want to be my side kick... you would be afraid, very afraid! Glad it's working well for you guys, it looks great. I am a true believer that none of us would survive motherhood without each other!

whitney allison said...

Stuff like that seems great because not only is it organized, its educational too. Well done Bluebird. (That one doesn't work for you? It's fine if you want to try something else, I was going with a Batman and Robin theme)

Diana said...

What a great idea! I think you are also a wonderful momma! (And a hot momma too!)

Amber M. said...

I have a feeling that Emily and Christian DO think you're Super-Mom. Liz is too, though...:-)

Ladybug143 said...

Love the idea! I think I will steal that one! Thanks Kathleen & Liz!

Ware Family said...

I love it! Is there a template or something??

Albanie said...

I've seen that in Liz's house and thought that I should do the same for Kael. I haven't yet done it so this has given me the motivation. Thanks Kathleen and Liz! Both of you have great ideas!

Kim and Scott said...

It is so great to hear from you! It's crazy, when I got your message it was like a blast from the past and I realized all of a sudden how much we have all grown up. It's so crazy! Your family is so beautiful and you are such a great mom. I love that you love being a mom, there is nothing better. Thanks so much for catching up with me, it'll be great to keep in touch.

Kim