Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ten Reasons that Today was Great!

1. Emily had "so much fun!" at her friend, Xavier's house this morning.
2. While Christian was napping this morning, I tried my hand at making homemade crescent rolls...it did NOT work. However, I learned a valuable lesson: check the expiration date on yeast BEFORE you make the dough.
3. While Emily was at Xavier's, Christian and I were able to take Peanut out for a walk. Alittle cold this morning, but Christian just LOVES being outside and, of course, Peanut loved it too.
4. Both children took great afternoon naps!!!!! And, despite having a dirty diaper, as I found when he woke up later, Christian was able to put himself back to sleep after waking up during his nap! FINALLY!
5. I was able to reconnect with an old friend whom I hadn't spoken to in about 8 years. It was sooo great to catch up with her!
6. While I was on the phone, the kids were REALLY well-behaved. I was also finishing up baking cookies (Peanut-butter blossoms...yum...) and starting dinner while talking so it was so great that they kept themselves busy for a bit!
7. It got much warmer and sunnier outside this afternoon and I was able to take the kids outside for some playtime before dinner. I LOVE SPRING!
8. My wonderful husband kept the kids busy and happy while I met my friend, Ilise, at the gym for a good, hard run.
9. We had Family Home Evening tonight (Monday and Tuesday nights got away from us) and Emily taught the lesson. So cute!
10. Both children went to bed extremely well and so I'm able to make this fun little list and relax a bit before I collapse :-).

5 comments:

Ladybug143 said...

Sounds like a great day! I live for those days that are few and far between! Isn't amazing, it a way we have become like our children, the simplest things make us happy. :)

whitney allison said...

Did you make those cookies just to make me jealous?

Walker said...

Always happy for those days that everything works out, but also glad for those others that help us grow. Glad you had a good day! Sharing cookies with anyone ;)

Kathleen said...

Today was a good day - I didn't have to use my AK - Cubby

Diana said...

I'm glad you caught up with Kat because it helped you get in touch with me! I love ya tons and am excited to catch up!