Friday, April 4, 2008

My Little Picaso


While Christian was napping this morning, Emily and I got out her easel and she busied herself painting while I caught up on some dusting...it's amazing what can get done while the little one sleeps! LOVE IT!
Well, Emily pulled me into the kitchen when she was done with each painting and with the last one she did, she painted her name! (She wrote it on the chalkboard yesterday for the first time, but erased it before I could snap a picture!) But, I was ready this time! True, the letters are a little tough to make out (and "Emily" takes up two lines) but it was just so exciting that she's started to write her name (and other letters more consistently)!
(The lighting makes it hard to see too, but hey, I know what it says!)

6 comments:

Tonia said...

Great job Emily! The painting is beautiful...and I can see her name there too!

Amber M. said...

Way to go, Emily!!

Diana said...

That's just way too adorable! You better save this early work of hers for when it's worth millions someday.

Ware Family said...

WOW, she can write her name! I'm so impressed!
I'm also impressed she uses her art supplies for their intended purpose.
Jackson has an easel, but it sits lonely, though he does use the chalk and markers for "other" things.
Do you find that Christian is more destructive than Emily? I'm wondering if it's just a boy vs. girl thing.

Walker said...

Yeah, Good job, EMILY!! Xavier will be so proud of her.

Albanie said...

Yeah for Emily! What a great painter!