Monday, March 17, 2008

2 Hrs and 45 Min...too much


I caved. I'm a great big failure. After almost 3 hrs of crying, I went in and got him. I acted like nothing was wrong and was cheerful and happy to see him. He had a great big poopy diaper--just as I thought. Maybe that's why he couldn't collapse. He then decided to be the happiest little baby on the block and played so sweetly for the next little while. Oh, and he produced another stinky diaper in the process. So...it was then 5:30 and he was TIRED. (He'd only napped for 1/2 hr earlier that morning, plus 3 hrs of crying.) However, he would NOT let Cubby or I rock him in his room--big fretting and crying. So, I caved (again). I let him nurse and nap on me for about 45 min. (He usually does this after dinner so it was pretty routine for him anyway.) Now it's 8 pm and time for bed. Emily and Cubby will be sleeping at Grandma's tonight and we're going to try again. I just hope it won't last another 3 hrs. Wish me luck!


Oh yeah, on a high note, Emily took a great nap today! She's been such a terrific little 3 yr old that last couple of days--it's been fun.

3 comments:

The Brough Family said...

don't be so hard on yourself, it's going to be a process. Hope tonight resulted in some success. (baby steps) call if you need some encouragement.

Amber M. said...

You're doing great...and you know him best. We 're here for you!

Unknown said...

I wish we could be there to help. I feel for both of you. You know its hard for little boys to train their mothers. Grandpa