Monday, March 3, 2008

Mondays vs. Saturdays



Ah, Mondays. Do I need to write more? I'll explain. Right now, I'm trying something new with Christian. I have put him in his crib. He is fed, changed, happy, and is supposed to be tired. I gave him some books to look at and even though he's not asleep yet, he's not crying! I'm hoping that he'll tire himself out playing and go to sleep on his own.


Emily was being tough as well--not wanting to nap and waking her previously drousy brother with her pleas for her princess figurines. We're having the whole family over for dinner tonight and so she just has to nap or she'll just be impossible by 6:30. Plus, she's tired--you know, the whining and crying over silly things. Why can't they just be as good on Mondays as they are on Saturdays???


Saturday was awesome. Anyone who lives here can attest that it was so beautiful that you never wanted it to end! Of course today, we're back to sub-freezing temperatures....Saturday was just a teaser. But, it was great to be out! The pictures above are of the kiddos in our tree out front. They enjoyed the day just as much as Cubby and I did. It makes me so anxious and excited for the spring and summer. We're really looking forward to some fresh air after this cold, cold winter.


I was also able to take Emily to get her pictures taken on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and the pictures turned out really darling! In the past she's always been too anxious and cried over getting her picture taken (hence, she's only had her pictures taken at 3 mo, 1 yr and 2 yr--the last two as part of family pics). This time though, the photographer made her laugh and it was a lot of fun.


Well, Christian is not falling for my "plan" and is now crying quite hard. I'll have to go get him...what a stinker he can be about naps! Good thing he's cute and happy or I think I'd end up stringing him up by his ankles!

3 comments:

The Brough Family said...

Don't give up on getting him to learn how to go to sleep on his own, it's the best when it finally works. Keep trying every day... I've got lots of great books if you want to read something on sleep. (Not that I have great sleepers, just great books!) I've been slacking on reading blogs, I'm way behind, glad you enjoyed the good weather this weekend, we will see spring sometime right??!?!?

Walker said...

I love the pictures of the kiddos in the tree! I think we have one of those days that you mentioned at least twice a week. Hopefully things will get better with nap time.

Albanie said...

about cubby's b-day- i think i've told you some of the things i've done. i can't remember, but you could do 50 reasons why i love you and put them in balloons, blow them up, and cover your room with them. Give him a needle and watch how much fun he has. Umm...you could do a treasure hunt in your back yard, there's a website where you can do crossword puzzles. I did an "our story" crossword puzzle. Just had our anniversary date, the first time we kissed, etc as the answers. Anyway, hope that helps.