Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good, Better, Best

Well, tonight I had a wonderful dilemma! Cubby took the kiddos to Dairy Queen and I had planned on attending "Munch and Mingle" (and Enrichment activity for Relief Society where we all get together with food, and munch and mingle--fairly self explanitory.) Anyhow, I was ready to go, had called for directions, and was putting Peanut outside, and he looked up at me with his big, sad eyes, like, "Please, take me for a walk." Well, I'd like to say that I broke down and took him right then and there, but I got in the car and drove to my mom's house to pick up some clothes she'd picked up for Christian. On the way over, I saw EVERYONE out, walking their dogs! The car ride then gave me a chance to think things over a bit.
Here I was, an evening out, and I could choose to:
1) Attend Munch and Mingle, as planned, and have a good time eating and talking with friends. (GOOD)
2) Run some errands that I haven't gotten to and then head home to do some cleaning. (BETTER)
3) Take our poor dog for a much needed (and deserved) walk and get some fresh air, exercise, and quiet time. (BEST)
So, after picking up stuff from my mom's, I headed back and took Peanut for a nice, long walk. He couldn't have been happier or more excited and it felt sooooo good to be out. Sweet dog.
Although I missed out on a fun night with friends, I'm glad that I went out for the walk. I must say that it does help to prioritize the good, the better, and the best...although on other nights, my choices may have been switched around in an entirely different order.

5 comments:

Ware Family said...

So nice to have so many choices of good things to do!
When this happens to me I sometimes find myself wishing to spread the wealth for the times when I find myself having to choose between a)change a diaper b)fix dinner or c)clean the kitchen.

I need a better attitude.

Albanie said...

yeah, i would've chosen to go see friends. That's why you ae a better dog owner than I am!

whitney allison said...

Sometimes it is just really nice to go for a quiet dog walk alone. That's why it was nice to have a roommate with a dog. Only dog benefits...kind of like what being a grandparent is like I imagine...

The Brough Family said...

we missed you at munch and mingle... but I'm so glad you were doing something "better!" The weather was beautiful, glad you enjoyed it!

The Brough Family said...

P.S. I sort of tagged you!